Monday, April 9, 2012

Just a Sprain

"Thank goodness it's 'Just a Sprain'"

If it's not broken it's Just a Sprain.

I've heard those words. I'm sure I've said those words. I'm here to tell you those three little words make me feel like a huge weenie while I hobble around the house today. If you've ever had Just a Sprain I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Just a Sprain's HURT!

When I got my first Just A Sprain, I simultaneously found out I was pregnant. I thought to myself, I'd better take a test before I have any x-rays (even though I was weeks late, I KNEW I wasn't pregnant, HAH).

All that to say, I am really glad it's Just a Sprain. I really wish I'd sprung for CareNow and not the ER. But, I seriously thought it was broken! At least my Just A Sprain is only a minor inconvenience compared to a Broken Ankle. And, I'm especially grateful my mom has been here to take care of my crazy toddlers while I RICE (that's Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate if you're wondering – compliments of my wonderful Bible study leader).

(I'm still watching the mail for my Mom-of-the-Year award as Just A Sprain occurred while I was playing soccer with my oldest. I'm sure they haven't had time to mail it yet. Maybe I received demerits for trying to play soccer in a pair of cute flats).

No comments:

Post a Comment