Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's about to get personal...

I'm working on some blogs right now that are going to be quite personal. While it is hard to put some of these things out there, I feel compelled to do it. Not everybody is gifted in a way that they feel comfortable sharing personal things to help others. Personally, I love it! If my past can help your present then I'm all over it.

I don't mean to brag on myself by saying that it's a "gift." The Bible talks about how we are all members of one body of Christ. There are gifts that I don't have, I am not good at them. Sharing my stories with others, with the purpose of building them up, is something God has given me a desire to do so I'm going to do it. If that's not your thing, don't fret, God has something else for you! It's not something I do of my own strength, but because God made me that way.

If you've never done a spiritual gifts assessment, I highly recommend it. Knowing the areas God has gifted me in has made it much easier to put those things into practice.

I mainly blog for two reasons:

1. To help others. I love to share things that are helpful and things that God is teaching me.
2. To remember. I don't want to forget the precious things I'm doing with my children right now and I know I will. This is the easiest and quickest way for me to get my memories all in one place right now. So some of this stuff might seem silly to blog about, but I'm doing it for me! If you enjoy it along the way it's an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment