Sunday, July 14, 2013

You've Been Invited to my House


I've let you in and we're sitting in my kitchen together.
What are you going to say to me?

Are you going to tell me that my choice of sleep habits for my children
are detrimental to their health and emotional well-being?

Are you going to spark an angry debate with me over politics
or can we have a respectful conversation over our differences?

Will you solicit me?

Are you going to silently judge me
because my children watch too many hours of television?

Will you use a passive aggressive approach to try to tell me in code
that I should stop doing something offensive to you?

Will you tell me that I have murdered my innocent,
unborn child if I tell you had an abortion? (I have not).

Are you going to be so bold about your thoughts on marriage equality?

Will you passionately yell at me because I believe in the
right to conceal a weapon and protect yourself?

You're sitting in my kitchen and I'm in your living room, and your workplace,
and your bathroom (ew), in your bed. You invited me there or I asked you if I could come in.
We wanted to catch up with each other. Share our lives, encourage one another,
talk about our children and collaboratively help each other through life.

We have a good thing here. Let's don't run each other off. Let's speak to each other
in a manner we would if we were face to face. Don't take advantage of
my invitation to your home and I won't take advantage of yours.

Let's be nice on facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment