Thursday, July 26, 2012

Won't Be Like This For Long

It was by no accident that I randomly decided to go through the old baby clothes in the garage today.

First, I came across this zipper pj with the feet cut off. Brady went through a phase of smearing poop all over his room. It happened A LOT. We had to cut the feet off multiple pj sets and make him wear them backwards. I thought he would NEVER stop doing it. I thought he would NEVER poop in the big potty. But, it wasn't like that for long.



I came across this old college shirt that was Beemer's.
I thought my husband would NEVER get through college. But, he did!
It wasn't like that for long.
 

 Not only did it feel like he would NEVER get through college,
I had little hope that he would ever quit working in retail loss prevention
(not for lack of belief in him, but it just felt like forever!)
Thankfully, it wasn't like this for long.
 

I absolutely, positively didn't think that I would EVER, EVER get to quit working.
But, when the police job came along, there was a ray of hope.
Those two years felt very long, but in reality it wasn't like that for long.


I came across this precious little newborn shirt I bought
for Sister the day we found out she was a girl.
(That in and of itself was a miracle considering she was the
first girl in 150 years in my husband's bloodline!)
I thought I would NEVER quit being pregnant,
but it wasn't like that for long!


Alas, she arrived. She was a spitter. Acid reflux.
Sleepless nights, a two year old, and a newborn spitter/screamer.
I am certain I thought I would NEVER survive.
But, here I am! It wasn't like that for long.
(Though, I'm sure those yellow stains will last forever!)


The thing is, I've been so frustrated lately with these little
bundles of joy I'm not even sure how to describe them some days.
It was no accident that I went through these boxes.
It was so easy for me to see how quickly each of those phases passed
and how quickly the current ones will pass as well.
It won't be like this for long. 

Darius Rucker has an amazing song "It Won't Be Like This for Long". 
Check it out here on youtube. Grab some Kleenex, you'll need them :)
I hung on to this song those first few months with Sister
and have tried my best to enjoy every stage for what it is
since I know it won't last forever.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that song from Darius Rucker. Everytime I hear it, I think back to the nights when I would be nursing Taylor and so tired, so I would turn on the TV to keep me awake. I always put on CMT and this video played every night. I cried everytime I heard it and held her just a little bit longer each night.

    ReplyDelete