Friday, July 13, 2012

Simba


For my son's fourth birthday he got The Lion (and the) King, as he likes to call it. Look at those cute babies watching Simba on screen. I can't beleive how many of the words I remember to those songs!

I got to thinking about cute little Simba today and how I can be so much like him at times. The thing about Simba is that he didn't know and believe the truth about himself as the son of the king. He ran away and cowered at the lies that were told to him by his uncle. It wasn't until those lies were dispelled that Simba fought for and took his rightful place as King.

Isn't that what Satan does to us? You might as well just call him Scar. He condemns us for things we haven't even done wrong, he sells us lies about ourselves. And we, like Simba, believe him. We run away from what is rightfully ours as sons and daughters of the most high King. We forfeit the power we could have.

If you have a relationship with Christ, I encourage you to find out the truths about yourself. You might be surprised :) Look them up in the word of God. I won't tell you what they are, because I want you to discover them for yourself. In our technological society we are putting way too much belief into what everybody is telling us on their blogs and articles. While they may be founded and true, I find it overwhelming. God has given me everything I need in His word and the more I read everybody else's advice and convictions, the more stressed out I feel. When you find these truths, consider a special marking for those truths in your Bible and mark them every time you find one new. (Always underline in a certain color, a certain highlighter, circles, etc.) Hold on to them and throw them in the face of the enemy every time he tells you a lie.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment