Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Saying YES More Often


We've had some pretty nice Spring days lately. The kids went out to play last week so I took a few stuffed animals, a blanket, and my camera to practice while they played. The Minnie Mouse dolls were quickly confiscated by Sister so I bribed Beemer with some TV time to sit nice for some photos.

Look Mom!
 





One of my favorite things in photography is taking something ordinary
and making it look interesting. If you haven't checked out
my online portfolio yet you can hit me up on facebook to do so!

Poor bears, every single one was dropped to the ground.
 
But then they got to swing, I think they got over it.
After a while I headed inside and the kids asked to play waterguns.

NO I quickly stated with a slew of excuses running through my mind! But, then
I remembered my prayer that morning, that I would stop saying NO when it really wasn't
necessary. I had no reason to say NO. Why not say YES more? I'm so glad I did. 

The waterguns held their attention for quite some time. When Sister headed in Beemer continued playing for at least an hour. He made lots of mud. Then he decided he wanted to take a bath outside.
I looked out and he had his bucket almost full to the top.

"Mom, can you bring me some bath toys?"
 

No, I don't normally allow my children to jump in and out of their, um, bathtub?




 

It turned out to be a really fun afternoon, I think I'll say YES more often. I wonder how many fun things I've stifled by saying NO for no good reason? I don't want to think about it. 

Do you struggle with saying NO too?

No comments:

Post a Comment