Friday, April 25, 2014

Finally... Bluebonnets

I've lived in Texas almost my entire life and I can't remember a single bluebonnet picture of myself. Nor have I ever taken pictures of my kids in the bluebonnets! A few people recommended this field to me so we headed over after dinner right as the sun was starting to hide.
 


I actually really love these silly pictures.
Who says everything has to be smile-and-look-at-the-camera? 



 The kids really just wanted to run in the open field which I deeply cherished
in between moments of panic. I don't know why, it's hard for me to have my
kids be too far away and running in two separate directions. I mean what if somebody
jumps out of the woods and grabs them?! Yes, I know this makes me slightly crazy.
 


Their running and giggling is precious. I did manage to snap a few decent pics in between.



Totally posed. "Hey, how about giving that flower to your sister?"
Didn't work out exactly how I planned.


One thing you can always count on with running toddlers, falling down!


 

And curiosity. 



This dress is perfect for pictures in a field. I am not above hand-me-downs!(And how did I not realize until today that changing my child's clothes in a public restroom is WAY easier in a dress).


Finally they both fell down. After trying, again, to get them to smile for the camera
I finally said "Just look at me." And somehow, they sat still long enough to capture the moment.
We just sat there talking for a minute while I snapped away.


I saw this sneeze coming...



Alas, we must be real Texans now. We have bluebonnet pictures. 
My kids run in a field. I take pictures. This is how I play.



No comments:

Post a Comment