Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cupcakes and Other Things

Sometimes I write for others and sometimes I write for myself. Yesterday was one of those days I just wanted to write down.

We have been un-potty-training Sister for a couple of weeks now. Yup, you read that right, un-training. She has had so much "training" that she became completely resistant to the process. So, it's now on her. We are no longer telling, training, taking, asking or reminding. It is her responsibility. Anyway, I digress. She earned her 25 stickers so we went to get cupcakes.

In we walk to the lovely cupcake store with DELICIOUS sugary goodness waiting inside. We all pick the cupcake we want and the nice ladies start icing them. Sister, wants hers to look like the white one in the case with flowers on top. But, there are no flowers. The baker makes her a very cute little cupcake that I ooh and awe at. Glittery powder, butterflies, perfect icing...

Cupcake lady: Do you like your cupcake?

Sister (with lips about to quiver): I don't like it.

We all stood there laughing and the baker quicker found a flower for her cupcake! At least she doesn't mind voicing her opinion! She decided she liked it after all.

The questionable cupcake.
Beemer liked his.

This was our first trip to the cupcake place a few months ago,
clearly she liked her cupcake that day.



As I mentioned before we've been un-potty-training. I have finally found the MAGIC ingredient. TV. TV is now the reward for keeping dry underwear. But there's a catch. TV is only for kids who keep their underwear dry. So, there is no TV unless there is success! It took my child about a day to catch on. As soon as her 15 minutes are up, guess who's back in the bathroom squeezing out every last drop of anything in her body? I'm having to modify my plan. She's too smart for me!


_______________________________________________________



Speaking of being too smart for me, she picked up a book in the library a couple of weeks ago about Boys and Girls. I took one look at it and knew it wasn't going to happen.

Me: See, it's for kids ages 4 and up. We're not going to get it.
Sister: Is it because it has a boy peepee in it?

Nothing gets past this kid!


_______________________________________________________


Late in the afternoon we spent some time outside while The Officer got to work on dinner. We were given a Big Green Egg a few weeks ago and we have been really enjoying it! Last night he made fajita meat. The night before were ribs. They were pretty good, but we'll be looking for some better meat next time. I should have known better than to buy meat for smoking at Target!


Target ribs (salt and pepper only was super tastey),
roasted sweet potatoes, carrots and tomatoes, smoked corn


Sister came running up to me with a small bunch of leaves on a little stem talking about Nana's baby bat. My mom sent pictures a week or so ago of herself holding some precious little baby owls at her school.

Sister: I want to give this to Nana so she can feed it to her baby bats.
Me: Her baby bats?? You mean her baby owls?
Sister: Yeah, her baby owls. I want to save it for Nana so she can feed her baby bats.
Me: You mean her baby owls?
Sister: Yeah, her baby owls.

_______________________________________________________


They sure keep me entertained and sometimes tug at my heartstrings. Sister got woken up last night when Beemer went in to go to bed. She became very upset so I went in and started singing to her, I have decided to follow Jesus. Within a minute she was trying to sing with me. Another minute later Beemer walked in and started singing with me. Yet another minute and I was not only singing, but sobbing! He ended up singing me quite a long song, which I'm sure he made up, about Jesus and being happy and the like. It was super sweet. He's not usually the one I see as my musical child so it really took me by surprise!

Some days I write to remember. This is just one of those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment